Dear Sports Parents,
Thank you for your interest in Athletics at Shoreline Christian. Our teams practice during P.E. class and designated days after school until 4:00, approximately. Half of our games are located at other schools (away games).All sports require a $55.00 participation fee, per season. The fees pay for trophies, game-day snacks and drinks, and seasonal sports banquets. If you cannot pay this, please contact me. We do not want anyone to miss the opportunity to play.
Seasons of Sports:
Fall (September through Mid-November)
Winter (December through Mid-March)
Spring (Mid-March through Mid-May)
Our Cheerleading program runs from late May to Mid-March. All girls in the 7th and 8th grade are welcome to join.
In order to be eligible for participation in sports programs (including cheerleading) a student must meet the following requirements:
1. Citizenship: No more than one n (needs improvement).
2. All grades must be at or above "C" level.
At progress report and report card time, (the stated date on the School Calendar),the student becomes ineligible on the following Monday, ten days later. (i.e. if the Progress Report is due on Friday, Dec. 3, he would be ineligible on Monday, Dec. 13). The minimum period of ineligibility is one week. The student cannot become eligible until the next reporting period unless the teacher offers a written probation contract. Teachers are responsible for filing an Ineligibility Report on the Monday following the Reporting Date. The Athletic Director is responsible for initiating and following up with any probation contracts. If a student is eligible at Progress Report or Report Card time, he or she cannot become ineligible until the next reporting time.
Our staff attempts to display Christian attributes at all times. The staff is responsible for any communication with parents and game officials. Please refer any questions to the Athletic Director or Head Coach. The following procedures are very important to the Athletic Staff:
1. Practice will end at the time listed.
2. Written notice is attempted for all information going home. Verbal notice is repeated.
3. On game days, we will return from games by the time stated or we will call the school.
4. An adult supervises student-athletes at all times. The adult is responsible for any communication with game officials. Parents are not allowed to supervise or communicate with game officials, unless previously approved by the Athletic Director.
5. Current events are posted on the office door.
Outdoor Home Games: 3:30pm starts, Games in the gym have 3:00 starts.
1. All athletes have responsibilities in game preparation and clean-up. Please allow them time after the game to practice this discipline.
2. Home games typically end between 4:15 and 4:45. After 5:00 p.m., students still in the gym may be walked to child care.
Away Games: 3:30pm starts, unless noted
1. Departure times for away games are noted on the Away Game sheet. If you are driving students, please arrive 15 min. before departure time.
2. Return times are approximate but generally accurate. We will call the school if we are running late. Students still in the gym at 5:45 will be walked to the school office.
3. All departures and pick ups for the Athletic Department (games and practices) are done from the gym. This is for the students' safety.
Thank you for assisting with the needs of our athletic program.
Dan Willard, Athletic Director
Shoreline Christian School
Cell: (714) 319-2438 School: (714) 962-6886 ext. 246